July 7, 2008

i can't

There are people who seem to think that I can do everything – but whether you’d like to believe it or not, I’m human too you know and there are some things that I can’t do.

1. I can’t accept non-performance especially when all the processes are put in place to achieve results. Non performance is not acceptable.

2. I can’t accept mediocrity. “Oklah” is NOT ok with me.

3. I can’t accept people who say that they want to be a part of something special but do nothing to earn it. You are just a professional dreamer.

4. I can’t tolerate people who are given right directions but then choose to ignore it and later blame everyone around them for their failures. You will forever be a failure for your ignorance.

5. I can’t stand those who choose the easy way out. You are just pure lazy.

6. I can’t appreciate fence-sitters – people who don’t want to make decisions because they’re afraid it’ll make them look bad. You have no guts to live.

7. I can’t take it when people say “I don’t know” without even trying – to me, that’s just a cop out. You are just chicken.

There several ways you can look at this list – you can say, “Who the hell does he think he is – perfection is it?” or maybe you’re thinking “I pity the people who work in his company – they must be miserable and constantly living in fear.” Perhaps, there are a handful who would say, “I understand – he has to be this way in order to lead and make sure that the business grows and makes it through this challenging time because there are mouths to feed and bills to pay.” But better still if there are a few who say, “He is doing what he has to do and he’s not here to win a popularity contest.” And if you don’t like it, too bad.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this article, because it's simple and direct. You will never wasting people time as well as you don't like people wasting your time too. A good reminder & advice for all of us.

Anonymous said...

It is sometimes crazy to think that why people just do not understand fundamentals of what is required. Thanks.

Ms Yati said...

HL, agree with you. It's a good reminder to ALL of us. If some of us still do any of this, you better do something about it.

Anonymous said...

It is only natural for anyone to have fears, but I think if you realize it, dive in and just do something about it. Of course, it is scary, but what is worse is doing nothing about it and being afraid of it for the rest of your life.

Anonymous said...

Ernie, your words hit me like a hammer. However, I am totally agree with you.

Give these "I CAN'T" a depth thought! You will discover, how important it is to live up to expectations and take full responsibilities.