Just like the Chinese Masters (Sifus) that have gone meditating in the caves for the next level of supernatural powers of kung fu to be achieved, I too have just returned from an intense sabbatical from the sin city to see for myself the changes happening in the world and observe the behaviours of my proteges that will be leading the way. Its getting clearer and yes it is always a test. We must always abstain from the temptations of the world before it consumes us. Knowing when to stop is important. What we eat is what we are. What we do is what we become. So eat healthily and exercise to stay healthy not forgetting to do whatever it takes with integrity to achieve desired results that will make us happy. Right is always right even when no one is doing it and wrong is always wrong even when everyone is doing it. And we do only live once but if we live it the right way, ONLY once is more than enough. Make it meaningful. Make it purposeful. Make it count.
November 2, 2018
October 1, 2018
This past month has been extremely challenging for me personally due to the following factors that were both planned and unexpected.
- My daily workout sessions in the gym everyday. And yes I do not miss them at all.
- My regular daily & weekly meetings with both ATCEN & PORTMAN EDUCATION GROUPS.
- My semester classes with assignments and college activities to advice and guide.
- My additional meetings, dinners & attending events for new business growth with various parties from politicians to business associates.
- Baby G falling sick with asthma in his old age with additional attention needed with numerous visits to the vet not forgetting my daily contribution to my household chores.
- My Dad having to amputate his toe and my daily visits 2 times a day to the hospital to care for him. He is still in the hospital in Ipoh now with a 2nd surgery happening soon.
- The continuous development of MINES 2 building to ensure that its ready for the official launch and to help get it ready for the development of the ecosystem.
- 2 HUGE events in a single day organised by our team – Entrepreneur Convention 2018 & PORTMAN Mid Autumn Festival 2018. Not forgetting Awesome Leadership Camp 2018 the week before.
- Monthly HUGE events every month for the next 6 months to ensure we are ready for a very critical period of marketing for our group of companies growth for 2019.
- Old staff leaving and New staff joining for things to be handed over and properly trained.
The above made it extremely tough and challenging physically, mentally and emotionally for me. But I always believe in the following and that is what keeps me going and going and going..:
- What goes up must come down and what is down will go up. Nothing is permanently bad or permanently good.
- Tough times do not last, tough people do and I am pretty tough as I have decided that I am.
- Do not complain, blame and give excuses as I know I determine what happens to me and the outcomes that I want to see.
- Quitters never win and winners never quit.
Things happen for a reason and for better days to come. It always does. NOTHING COMES EASY BUT EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE. We just have to believe, take massive actions and the results will favour those that work hard for it.
at 6:20 PM
September 6, 2018
You all have so much potential to do so well in life and in your personal career. The question is why are you not doing as well as you should be or want to be?
Life is not about just getting by everyday. Life is not about making enough salary or income to pay the monthly bills. Life is not about saving enough for that annual holiday.
Life is to ensure that we live an exceptional high quality life and to do exceptional high quality work so that our life can become better.
How we do something is how we do everything.
I cannot help you get better by telling you how. I can only share what I do as a living example. YOU MUST WANT TO HAVE A BETTER LIFE THAT IS TO ACHIEVE EXCEPTIONAL HIGH QUALITY LIFE & WORK.
How do you do it?
You can start by working HARDER, SMARTER & FASTER. Follow the order and DO NOT SKIP THE STEPS. YES, HARDER, SMARTER ONLY THAN FASTER. THE DEVIL IS IN THE DETAILS. Skip it and you will face the devil.
at 11:44 AM
August 2, 2018
WHY ME? Why do I have to face all the challenges, obstacles and difficulties in my life?”
This is often the question we ask ourselves when nothing seems to be going right for our life. One of my biggest challenge was to find a way to leave Malaysia to get an education from USA with no money & not very good SPM results (I did my STPM but I failed all 4 subjects but got an A for my Art). I achieved that.
Next was to find a way to survive alone in a foreign land and to complete my studies. I achieved that. It was never easy but I never gave up. I just kept on going and going till I graduated with my Bachelors in 1996 & Masters in 1998 from WKU (my graduation pictures) and today pursuing my Doctorate.
You see, challenges, obstacles and difficulties will always be there in our lives. The question is how do you take them as opportunities for your continuous growth and achievements to build character.
As the famous quote by Jack Ma,"Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be beautiful." This is what I believe and live by. I wish you all the very best in everything that you do.
at 1:36 PM
July 4, 2018
I succeed in everything that I do, not because that I do not fail. In fact, I fail so much and so many times that I continue to succeed. What’s my secret? I just don’t know how to give up on my dreams and the fire keeps burning with purpose.
Everyone of us can do great things in our lifetime. The questions are:
- What are the sacrifices that we are willing to commit to?
- What is the price that we are willing to pay?
I wish everyone of you the very best and hope that you find your path to what you truly are able to contribute to society in a good way. Always remember to do good and influence others to do good.
What goes around comes around. If you do good, good will come back and if you do bad, bad will come back. Do not cheat. Do not lie. Do not steal. Do not complain. Do not blame. Do not give excuses. If you are able to live by these simple philosophy, you will have a better flow for your life ahead.
at 5:33 PM
June 7, 2018
Life is as such when the days seemed almost impossible with lots of challenges and when you least expect anything good to happen, all we need is just a little appreciation to keep us going. And that’s what I received on my table. Lots of lovely appreciation notes from my students that annoy me daily but at the same time puts a smile on my face.
Sometimes, its just the little things that keeps us going. What does not kill us makes us stronger. If you have a willing heart, nothing can stop you. Have a bigger heart to give and you will receive in abundance. Learn to smile more and appreciate more of what we have and you will see the awesomeness of what we are working hard to achieve.
at 8:25 AM
May 6, 2018
I was asked recently by a friend, "How can you do & achieve so much in such a short period of time?" I responded with a smile and said,
1. Clarity & focus vision on my Life Direction.
2. Discipline & determination of my Heart Desires.
3. Intense & massive actions with no complains, no blame & no excuses.
4. Take no bull shit from anyone.
5. Love, give & let go to move forward.
And if I die today, I die a fulfilled man with dreams achieved with the time and talents granted to me by the Big Man upstairs. I am grateful and thankful for the opportunities to contribute to make a difference.
The World Wants Us to Do Better in Everything. The question we need to ask ourselves is what are we willing to sacrifice and do that will allow us to do better.
I cannot make that decision for you. Only you can make that decision for yourself. Decide wisely.
at 6:11 PM