August 8, 2008

Malaysia – A Failed Country & Nation?

The year 1973 is the most important year in the 20th Century. I have three things to point out and I’m going to leave it at that and by the time you get to end of this blog, you’ll find out why 1973 is a year to be reckoned with.

1. In 1973, a 1.3 L Japanese Car was priced at RM7,000. Today, it’s priced at RM60,000 – that’s a 8.5 times increase in case you’re wondering.

2. In 1973, a double storey house was priced at RM43,000. Today, it’s priced at RM300,000 – and that’s just for starters.

3. In 1973, a general worker with a professional degree holder earned RM1,000. Today they earn RM2,000 – just twice more than they did 35 years ago.

In my opinion, 1973 was a very important year because it’s the year I was born – from the time I learnt to crawl, later walk and run, 35 years have passed and the country has not shown the kind of economic progression it should be able to show for.

You don’t need to be math genius to see that there’s something very wrong with these numbers. The price of everything has increased but salaries remain virtually the same. Still want to be an employee and leave your fate to the hands of your employer and the government? For once, I hope you answer in the negative.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Negaraku.. Negaraku ku..

I still recall this fancy written song by one of our fellow Malaysian.

10 Things I Hate About You (M):

1. stupid petrol price! All money goes into corruption.

2. Dirty tricks by governemnt, accusing my Hero (Anwar Ibrahim) for sodomy.

3. Idiot "son-in-law", always create racial issues.

4. Ridiculous MRR2 high way. Hey, we are tax contributors too!!!

5. What happened to our Tenaga National? Watchin my electricity bills, I wanted to Triple H the government.

6. In order to protect "National Pride" Proton and Produa, pricing 50% extra on imported cars! Insane!

7. New Economy Policies - You have exceeded your objectives. It is time to abolish them.

8. Where are all the Foreign Direct Investors go?

9. Where is our first Olympic Gold Medal?!

10. There is nothin wrong putting things on blog (Raja Petra).

Anonymous said...

The answer is NO!

I learnt that we can't rely on anybody but ourselves. If you want to wait for the goverment to make your life better, you can wait until you die and come back to life again... it's still be the same. We'll never be satisfied.

Instead, we better focus our energy making our lives better and that means work hard to become an entrepreneur.

I recommend Ernie's Entrepreneur videos and ebook. I wish I had this information 8 years ago when I started my business.

Entrepreneur video:
http://outloudstudios.blogspot.com


eBook - get it from outLOUD Shop:
http://outloud.com.my/omerchadise.html

Ernie,
Thanks for all your advices.

Chetz Yusof
ReEngineer Your Life

Anonymous said...

That may not be absolute now, since Anwar Ibrahim has won the Permatang Pauh by-election.

Hurray..

We're awaiting for a new PM soon..

Visit: www.anwaribrahimblog.com

Anonymous said...

Oh.. Btw, well said Anonymous..

I respect your honesty. We hate because we love the country. We love the country does NOT mean we love the way things are done.

Agreed?