March 6, 2023

It’s my 50th Birthday today! But I sure do feel like 25!

  


  It’s my 50th Birthday today! But I sure do feel like 25!

I am very blessed to have lived a life worth living thus far. It has not been an easy and smooth journey but it sure has given me an adventure of a lifetime and for that I am very grateful. 🙏
I was asked this question last night, “Is there anything that you want to do? I thought for a while and I replied that I have done all that I want to till date. It’s also the same reason why I have always chosen the road less travelled. I like to be challenged. I like to overcome pain, obstacles and difficulties. I like to push the boundaries and do what others think is impossible.
Well I have done quite a bit in this first half of a century making dreams come true. So many of my personal dreams became a reality and achievements acknowledged. I have definitely been blessed with the courage to sometimes just do first and figure out a way to make it work. Well it has kinda work very well for me. 🤣 I look forward to many more courageous years ahead as I continue to work on things that I have never done before and to most impossible.
If there some life lessons that I learnt along the way the following will be the top 5 lessons that I hope can help inspire you to know that you do deserve better.
1. Life is what we make of it. Not what is presented to us. Don’t forget to live and love your life.

2. Enjoy the life we deserve as we only do live this once and If lived well once is good enough.

3. Enjoy the good, the bad and the ugly. Embrace the failure as much as the success.

4. Have a purpose and mission to look forward to everyday. It makes life more meaningful and don’t forget to always give back with impact.

5. Don’t ever let anyone tell you that you cannot do what you want and live the life you deserve. You owe it to yourself. I do. 😉
I am also very blessed to have found a life partner in Cheryl Lim that shares and supports my dream with aligned values. And of course having our first BabyGen. Yes at 50! Miracles do happen and you just got to believe and take massive actions. 🙏 ❤️
Here’s wishing you every success and a life ahead of you worth living. I have and will continue to do so for the next 50 years ahead. Thank you for your well wishes and support this past 50. I am forever grateful and thankful for your kindness and generosity towards me all these years. May God Bless us all🙏 and yes God is real. 😉❤️ Have an Awesome year ahead and live a little lah with Ernie! 🤣🤣😎😎


All reactions:
You, David Teh, Nelson Liew and 335 others

23 comments:

Vicky Yew said...

Very happy for Mr. Ernie and Cheryl.
Even though we faced a lot of challenges and difference consequences, we are still going on and stay focus on the journey. 2 years is counting. Let's make it happen!
_Vicky_

Luna Yap said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Ernie and congratulations to you and Cheryl for the awesome news! I just wanted to said, I really proud and grateful to be a part of PORTMAN Education Group. Thank you Mr. Ernie for everything throughout the years, your support, kindness and guidance always will be remembered.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday once again Mr. Ernie. Wishing you a day filled with love and laughter, and congratulations to you and Cheryl on having your own beautiful family. With your success throughout the years, I believe dreams do come true!
- Annette

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Ernie Chen. You have work so hard to reach this place. Your hard work will bring more success. And congratulations to you and Cheryl on having a beautiful member in your family. The last, all the best for your next move and with love from me

(Aaron)

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Mr. Ernie 🎂 And Congratulations because you will become a Dad. May God bless and watch over the baby and your entire family 👨‍👩‍👧 I wish you long life full of gratitude, goodness and happiness.

-Lyana-

Alya Sany said...

Such wise and eye-opening words. Congrats.

Zul Azhan said...

Hi Sifu Mr Ernie Chen

Just wanted to take a moment to wish you a very happy birthday! 🎂

You've been such an inspiring boss to work for, always pushing us to be our best and encouraging us to grow. 💪🏻

Thank you for everything you do and for being a true leader. Enjoy your special day and may this year bring you lots of happiness, success and fulfillment!✨

Zul Azhan said...

Hi Sifu Mr Ernie Chen

Just wanted to take a moment to wish you a very happy birthday! ��

You've been such an inspiring boss to work for, always pushing us to be our best and encouraging us to grow. ����

Thank you for everything you do and for being a true leader. Enjoy your special day and may this year bring you lots of happiness, success and fulfillment!✨

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Mr. Ernie Chen and Congratulations on the great news ! I have heard this before. It is mentioned that, if your action inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are the leader !

Elva See said...

Again, Happy Belated Birthday Mr. Ernie. Very happy and congratulations on your new role as a proud dad! May God bless you and your family~🫶🏻👨‍👩‍👧

-Elva See

Rangjini said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Ernie. You got the best gift ever for your 50th birthday. Wishing you a wonderful and blessed life ahead .

fadelah said...

Selamat Hari Jadi yang ke 25 (x2).

Dan, semestinya tahniah untuk semua kejayaan yang diperolehi hingga ke hari ini. Kejayaan dari usaha yang tiada noktah.



-Fadelah-

Karen Lin said...

Happy Birthday Mr.Ernie!

Congratulations on reaching this milestone birthday. Your dedication to taking on challenges and pushing through obstacles is an inspiration to us all. Your top 5 life lessons are valuable reminders to find purpose and meaning in our everyday lives, embrace both the good and bad moments, and never let anyone tell us we can't achieve our dreams.

We appreciate your leadership and guidance, and wish you every success and happiness in the years to come. Happy birthday and may God continue to bless you and Chen’s family.

Karen Lin said...

Happy Birthday Mr.Ernie!

Congratulations on reaching this milestone birthday. Your dedication to taking on challenges and pushing through obstacles is an inspiration to us all. Your top 5 life lessons are valuable reminders to find purpose and meaning in our everyday lives, embrace both the good and bad moments, and never let anyone tell us we can't achieve our dreams.

We appreciate your leadership and guidance, and wish you every success and happiness in the years to come. Happy birthday and may God continue to bless you and Chen’s family.

Anonymous said...

You've always been an inspiration, and it's a privilege to have you as our boss. Wishing you a year full of birthday celebrations, dear boss. 💐🎂❤️

- asyraf

Andrew Yau said...

Happy 25th Mr. Ernie & Congratulations on the great news!

Certainly life is what we made of, we still gotta go through every single steps in life whether it’s easy or tough. One thing for sure is everything has a reason to happen for us.

The man up there will be always protecting us in a way that every happenings are what we can handle for sure, it is for us to breakthrough, it is for us to grow, it is for us to get what we want at the end of the day.

Life is not easy, but everything is possible. Let’s make our life better together.

WE ARE JUST ONE DAY AWAY!

- Andrew Ykl -

JL Lai said...

Happy Birthday to you Sifu Ernie & to congratulate you and Cheryl for the news of BabyGen. Miracle does HAPPEN! I am truly happy for you both!

I do not know how else I wanna express my feeling seeing all that you’ve done and most importantly the way you’ve made all miracle happened. Honestly, this is the reason why I always push myself to be a better version of me. Being around with the right people does make a difference. Thank you for being the role model for all of us always.

Once again, happy birthday and congratution to you and Cheryl. I am personally excited to see the Dreamtalent of the Chen Family 😬😬

- JL Lai

Cobein Kumara Kuru said...

Happy 50th birthday to my amazing boss! Age is just a number, and you prove it every day. Your leadership and guidance have not only contributed to the success of our team, but have also played a significant role in my personal growth. I'm grateful for your support and mentorship, and I look forward to continuing to learn from you. Wishing you a wonderful birthday week filled with joy and celebration. Cheers to another year of making a positive impact! Enjoy your special day!

Unknown said...

Happiest belated birthday Mr. Ernie and congratulations on the big news! Wishing you and your family a bundles of joy, blessings and health 🎂 🎁

Sincerely,
Ms. Haida

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday and congratulation on the news Mr. Ernie!
It's been a privilege's to have you as our boss. Thank you for everything. Hope you will have a wonderful year full with happiness, success and fulfilment.

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday once again Daddy Gen ❤️ Thanks for your 5 lessons, life is never stop with exploring, learning, creating and enjoying.

I am really grateful and looking forward to this new journey of my life with Chen’s family.

Ivy Loh said...

Happy 25th birthday x2, Sifu! Your life story is truly inspiring. I've always believed that success comes from planning, and you have shown that by planning your way, you have achieved so much. Thank you for the 5 lessons you shared; I will always keep them in mind. I'm grateful to have witnessed the miracle of your journey and am committed to working with you and the team to achieve another miracle with a different mindset, intention, and skill set that we have gained from our experiences. Thank you for the wishes, and once again, happy birthday for this big year!

Gym Chan said...

Happy Birthday and Congratulations to Mr. Ernie and Cheryl.

I have more than millions thanks to you. Instead of keep thanking you of what you have brought to us and provided to us.

I would like to contribute back by providing results to the group and make this deal a success that my efforts are count.

I have only one way to exit and no back door for anything. Just go all out and make this deal a BIG BANG.