July 24, 2008

I Know Everything… and You’d Better Believe It.

There’s a story about a man who suspected that his wife was planning on murdering him – but he didn’t know how to prove it or get it out of her. One day, a wise man told him “When you wake up the next morning – say, `I know everything’. To whatever she says, you must reply, `I know everything.’” Next morning he did what he was told and after many rounds of denial, his wife finally admitted her plans.

I don’t need to say it; I already know what’s going on. There are some people who think I’m oblivious to what’s going on around me and they think they’ve gotten away with this thing they’ve done. But to you I say, keep on doing what you’re doing and don’t be surprised if I decide to let you go one day – I don’t care how many thousands of ringgit you can bring in or how good you are at your job, but if you are dishonest with me as a person you’d better believe I’ll get rid of you.

Also know this – never for one second think you were able to “get away” because you’re smart. You’re not. In fact, you’re stupid because you keep doing what you’re doing and sooner or later you’ll pay the price for it. And from the look of things, it’ll probably be sooner.

Those of you who are feeling the pinch – remember, you are doing me a favor and giving me material for my upcoming book “You’re Stupid. Let Me Tell You Why.” I may smile at you and include you in my conversations, take this as a sign that you are being given an opportunity to turn yourself around.

Have integrity for goodness sakes and be transparent in your dealings with me and others. At least you’ll be respected for it. If you are not able to be accountable for your actions, what kind of an example are you going to set for your children (if you have any), colleagues and family members? Make an example of yourself through good work and actions; otherwise I’ll make an example of you when I’m telling people who NOT to be like. Think I won’t do it? Just wait and see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

H'mm.. this write up is a little bit hard to swallow. However, you have my respect so far!

The good things about you is that you are true to everyone. You don't just talk the talk (which many whom I know, did), but you walk the walk.

Folks, appreciate the Boss you have. As for me, I can only appreciate your word of wisdom!

Anonymous said...

I think it is difficult to be dishonest with someone who is always honest with us, and that is Ernie. So people who are dishonest to someone like Ernie, YOU SUCK!