November 17, 2008

My Air Asia Experience

I’m sorry to say that cheap flights or not, Air Asia is big flying ad for: “you get what you pay for”. During a trip to Kota Kinabalu, I experienced what would go down as one of the worst experiences I’ve ever had in my life.

For starters, the flight was delayed. Surprise, surprise. Next up, the seats were cramped and this made for an incredibly uncomfortable flight. If the client had not purchased the tickets in bulk, I would not have chosen to fly Air Asia.

There is no denying that the fare is cheap, and yes, everyone can fly now. But this is a case of a great concept but poor execution. And while it’s quite inspiring to watch an airline everyone thought couldn’t trying to make it happen, perhaps it would be wise to really look into these problems before lowering fares any further.

You need to maintain your brand’s image in everything. And even if prices are kept to an all time low, but if the airline is nothing more than a bus in flight, no amount of ad wars can resurrect a tarnished image.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been travelling using Air Asia for the past 5 years. Of course, there are more to complaint, where you need to rush for boarding as it is a free-seating flight. On top of that, you need to use an open walk-way to proceed with your boarding (what happen if it rains?). Also, there should not be any outside food in the flight, and etc etc..

However, unless, of course if you have better option, don't travel using AirAsia.

BUT, looking at how they penetrate an already highly-monopolized market, I personally give them lots of credit. Contrary, it is a shame, looking at MAS Airline, and see how they struggle.

For that simple reason, I am going to support AirAsia for my next flight to Miri, Sarawak.

Keep it up, AirAsia

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. There was one time where the flight was delayed too, without informing us. Many were lining up in the line waiting to board but ended up waiting almost an hour. At least if you delayed the flight, inform the passengers in the first place first...

Anonymous said...

I would strongly advice Air Asia seriously look into their air ventilation issue in the plane.

The plane is just smelly with the food that other passengers had.

i thought i'm have arrived to Pudu Raya when i stand infront of LCCT.

However, without Air Asia, don't think "Everyone can fly"

Anonymous said...

a agree with SS. Air Asia just need to walk their talk. good to fly everyone everywhere. if they don't fix the problems. gradually people don't fly Air Asia. Air Asia must remember that they have competitors around. Customers always have smarter choice. don't take things for granted.

Anonymous said...

In my past 2 years experienced, i been travelling alot by Air Asia flight to Sarawak, that is Miri, Bintulu, Sibu, and Kuching. Well, flight delayed is very common thing for me in the past experienced. During the raya period in Year 2007, i have booked my flight to Miri at 7.45pm. I reached LCCT at 6pm, check in and wait for boarding. However the flighted was delayed till 11.30pm. And the flight need to transit to JB somemore. I was so exhausted at that time. Air Asia only compensated us with one nasing goreng and teh tarik. That is what service recovery they provided to us. It was my worst experience travelling by Air Asia.